We located an article on Perth Now with discussion on whether a cost conscious renovations adds value to Perth homes based on a Commonwealth Bank study. Some of the highlights include:
- The average blowout was more than $6000 in WA. Twice the national average.
- Projects often took up to 95 per cent longer than expected.
- 81 per cent of homeowners stayed at home while renovations were being carried out.
- Plumbing was the most common area for a project to go over budget and over deadline.
- Outdoor alfresco areas are booming with our hot climate.
There’s a good deal more info as well as some generic do’s and don’ts.
Check out the article here: Real Estate: Will a cost-effective renovation add value to WA homes?
Photo Credit: Mikhail Golub | Flickr